Grow with our family as the Assistant Store Manager of our Ashley in Davenport, IA!
The Assistant Store Manager assists with management of the retail store, adhering to Furniture Mart USA standards in the following areas: providing direction and leadership to employees; driving sales & profitability; ensuring operational standards are met; providing exemplary guest service, assisting customers in all facets of the shopping experience; meeting or exceeding sales goals; and coaching and developing sales associates. This position is Full-Time (40 hrs/wk) including weeknights and weekends.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
We are a stable, growing company with excellent earning potential. We encourage a diverse workplace culture where everyone can be themselves, achievements are celebrated, and hard work and results are rewarded.
- $$ GUARANTEED BASE PAY RATE with opportunity for unlimited earnings through our commission-pay plan. We offer a comprehensive, paid training program where you receive the tools you need to succeed including training on our selling system, product knowledge, and computer system.
- Excellent Benefits Package including Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability/Flexible Spending Plan/Health Savings Account/Paid Time Off/Employee Assistance Program/Referral Bonus/Profit Sharing 401(k)Plan with Employer MATCH!
- GREAT EMPLOYEE & FAMILY DISCOUNTS on our beautiful furniture, mattresses, and accessories!
- BECAUSE FAMILY IS WHO WE ARE, we are closed on Easter, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day to allow you to spend time with those most important to you!
- Experience in a retail sales environment with increasing levels of responsibility and strong working knowledge of general retail practices and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead/direct, coach and train others, and the ability to relate well using communication, interpersonal, diplomacy and related skills
- Merchandising knowledge
- Ability to objectively assist with problems involving various customer service situations
- Flexibility to work a retail schedule which will include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Computer proficiency including MS Office products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Supervisory/management experience in a retail sales environment or similar fast paced, customer service environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Sales and Customer focused
- Developing/coaching others
- Leading by example
- Relationship builder
- Effective communicator
Furniture Mart USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer